Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Uncomfortably Numb

So I woke up this morning with severe pain in my right foot. Just in the sole right around the ball.

Now if I had been writing more often you would know about this as Plantar fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis is a inflammation of the ligament that connects the heel to the toes. In my case and the case of a lot of diabetics it is caused by the Neropathy in out feet. The pain can be equated to having several thumb tacks in the bottom of your foot. Each on right on a nerve ending that causes a leg spasm.

For the moment I have no feeling from my ankle up to my knee this makes walking very troubling since I don't know when my foot is going to hit the ground or how hard. Combine that with the fasciitis and walking is very near impossible. Some times in the worse of cases I have to use a walker and that is just a little too embarrassing for a man who use to run and bike a lot. Not to mention someone of my age. I can expect this to pass in the next few days but I'm hoping it will be gone before Christmas. The last time I had this it started on Halloween and went for a week before it was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment