Saturday, December 17, 2011

Mistakes made.

Over the last week since I have learned a valuable lesson. Never get in to an eating contest with a six year old child. While taking care of my six year old nephew to get him to eat lunch we had a peanut butter eating contest. Now as the adult I should of know the consequences of eating so much sugar laden product but since my blood sugars where so good of late I lived in the moment. Needless to say I ate the most and since the peanut butter was sweetened with a sweetener that was low on the glycemic index it took hours to affect me. Unfortunately it has now affected me for the last two days. With numbers that have gone from ninety four to a whopping One hundred seventy eight mg. My neuropathy in my feet have made walking almost impossible. But after just over two days I am glad to report that things are getting better. The pain in my feet and legs has faded to levels that are manageable and I am able to again begin my walking routine although at a reduced level.

The only good news seems to be that my fasting numbers were 134mg. this morning. Not as good as a few days ago but way better than the last two.

No comments:

Post a Comment